Sunday, July 26, 2009

A New Beginning

First off, thank you so much to everyone who will take the chance to stop by Piece of Cake!  This is my first blog of this kind and I'm doing my best to learn all I can to make the most of it.  My inspiration for Piece of Cake came to me this morning while out on a run, and since then my mind hasn't gone anywhere since.  

Why Piece of Cake?

First off, I love cake!  And I love simplicity - hence Piece of Cake. A cake can be such a simple dessert, but with a few touches a yummy cake can easily transform into a decadent AND delicious piece of art. Also, cake is served at parties, and planning parties is one of my favorite things to do!  Everything from the invitations to the decor to the table linens to the food menu to the party favors - I love it all.  

           Two jumbo cupcakes that I frosted and sprinkled!  I absolutely love larger than normal cupakes. These cupcakes make fabulous treats and they fit perfectly in chinese take-out boxes.  

    This is a picture of a few of the centerpieces I made for an event.  I filled glass fluted bowls with faux rose petals and placed a carnation right on top.  Carnations are wonderful flowers because you can leave them out of water, and they last forever! 

That's me! I have the cutest Wilton holiday shaped mini-cake pan.  Once again, the cakes make perfect treats to take to any party!


Wow...it's getting late and it has been such a long day!

Ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment